May 14, 2018 by admin
A YMCA worker will be sentenced this Friday after he pleaded guilty to 29 charges relating to the sexual and indecent assault of 12 boys.
Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, pleaded guilty to all charges relating to the assaults on boys aged under 16 between 2007 and 2011.
Lord worked at vacation care and before and after-school care for the YMCA in Sutherland Shire since 2009. He also worked privately as a babysitter for a number of families.
The accused appeared via video link at Central Local Court last Thursday before Magistrate Clare Farnan.
YMCA’s marketing and communications manager James Ellender sent a letter to parents and families last week updating them about the case and to remind them counselling was available.
‘‘The range and nature of these charges continue to devastate the YMCA in terms of their impact on children and families from both within and outside of our care,’’ Mr Ellender said.
‘‘We can confirm that Lord commenced employment with the YMCA in 2009 and complied will all mandatory pre-employment procedures including Working With Children checks.’’
Mr Ellender said Lord was stood down from employment and the YMCA followed mandatory reporting procedures the moment it learned of the allegations.
In a statement to the media Mr Ellender said: “Our overwhelming concern is for the children. The YMCA is devastated that despite operating above industry standards we are one of the groups deceived by Lord.”
He said the organisation worked closely with NSW Police to ensure court proceedings were not affected.
Lord remains in custody.
He will be sentenced Friday.
Category 苏州美甲学校 | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.